Since school is out, and you no longer have to spend your days stuck inside a hot and sweaty classroom, you have a lot more free time on your hands to do whatever you want. As good as that sounds, if you don’t keep busy doing productive things, boredom sets in and that is where trouble starts. I have come up with a few ideas that you can use to stay busy, so that you don’t spend your summer locked in your room. Mind you, I’m no expert, but hey I manage to stay out of trouble so apparently I’m doing something right.
- Go on a bike ride, it is generally a good way to pass the time and if you aren’t old enough to drive, it gives you independence from your parents
- Break into your shed in the backyard and dust off your old soccer ball or tennis racket, although I know you would much rather be inside playing Xbox. Let’s face it, you know you should be outside..I know the whole vampire thing is popular now, but a little sunshine is good for your skin.
- Instead of partying on a Friday night, a better way to spend your time would be to go and catch a late movie. Summertime is the best time to watch movies. Have you seen Inception yet? If you have you will understand what I’m talking about.
- Do you already have a job? If you don’t, and I know that many people are still on the search, cutting grass is an easy way to make a little extra cash. And for the girls, if you don’t want to cut grass I’m sure there are some people willing to pay you to walk their dog. Seriously, FIND A JOB!
- Last but not least, hang out with your friends every chance you get. And when I say this I mean outdoors, not down in your friends basement in front of a TV. Get outside, go and walk up to the nearest store and grab a cold drink with a friend. It’s a good way to beat the heat and you kill two birds with one stone. You get to see your friends while keeping your parents happy, because I know how much they love to nag you to keep active. Beat them to the chase, before they start to guilt trip.
There you have it, a few tips on how to keep active and keep your parents at bay. Boredom makes you go insane in the summertime, so get some fresh air, clear your head and you will be able to accomplish a lot more. The summer is yours to enjoy, so instead of going on a virtual adventure, go out and have an adventure of your own!
Most Recent Articles
- IAddiction a Matter of Choice?
- Gaming Addiction for DSM
- Pot Use May Get You Banned
- De-Stress Kids With Exercise
- A First For CAMH
- Children Of Deployed Parents
- Canada is Second
- Video Games Can Be Addictive
- The Power of Talking
- Another Tragic Teenage Death
Most Recent Comments
- 1. Young Drug Dealers
- 2. What's Up, YAC? What's Your Sequin?
- 3. What's Up, YAC? Journey the 7Cs!
- 4. How do you say no to drugs without looking like a geek?
- 5. Weed- they use it for medicine, so how bad can it be?
- 6. What if my parents do drugs?
- 7. How to keep busy to help keep YOU out of trouble
- 8. University: The Ultimate Challenge
- 9. Does The Bieb Smoke Weed?
- 10. The Addictive Personality