Parents play a huge role in the proper development of a child’s life, they help guide their children in the right direction, and act as the role model for their children. Because of the significant influence a parent has on their children, the parent’s behavior and habits tend to be passed on to their children because their children believe this is normal and acceptable behavior. As a result, if a parent uses drugs recreationally, the likelihood of their children using drugs in the future is increased.
Although every child has an option and choice to use drugs, the fact that their parents use drugs gives them the impression that it is okay to do drugs as well, especially when it is the only family environment they know. Although this circumstance looks bad, children always have the opportunity to improve the situation by hanging out with friends who have a strong family support system, and by taking part in extra curricular activities, they can avoid the pressure and influence of their parents poor decisions.
Most Recent Articles
- Anti-Drinking Posters
- YAC Schools Update-St. Aidan's
- YAC Update-General Byng
- Dr Evans on Opioid Medication
- Dangerous Hallucinogenic Drug
- Molly Worries Addiction Expert
- Alcohol Consumption & Smoking
- UNODC & Drug Use Prevention
- New Breast Cancer Drug & Women
Most Recent Comments
- 1. Young Drug Dealers
- 2. What's Up, YAC? What's Your Sequin?
- 3. What's Up, YAC? Journey the 7Cs!
- 4. How do you say no to drugs without looking like a geek?
- 5. Weed- they use it for medicine, so how bad can it be?
- 6. What if my parents do drugs?
- 7. How to keep busy to help keep YOU out of trouble
- 8. University: The Ultimate Challenge
- 9. Does The Bieb Smoke Weed?
- 10. The Addictive Personality